Hi everyone! Join us this week in making bracelets and breakfast burritos!
Making a Hemp Bracelet
Equipment: 1 safety pin or tape 1 pair of scissors Hemp or thread
Step 1: Measure and cut two strands of hemp string. Take an end of string in your hand, wrap the string around the length of your forearm 3 ½ times. (approx. 7 feet of string). Cut the string at your elbow. Repeat for a second strand.
Step 2: Make a loop by folding the two strings in half together.
Step 3: Tie a knot in the looped end. Make the loop approximately the size of your pinky tip.
Step 4: Pin the loop to your jeans with a safety pin. (Or use tape to hold in place on your table, etc)
Step 5: Separate two strands of hemp:
1.Take one strand of hemp in your left hand. (Strand one.) 2.Take another strand of hemp in your right hand. (Strand two.) 3.Leave two strands in the middle. Ignore them until step fourteen.
Step 6: Make a half-circle on the left side of the middle strands.
1. Move strand one across the middle strands, like a smiley-face.
2. Place strand two over strand one.
Step 7: Make a half-circle on the right side of the middle strands.
1. Move strand two behind and under the middle strands. 2. Reach into the half-circle on the left and draw strand two through.
Step 8: Make a knot.
1. Pull strand two and strand one in opposite directions. 2.Tighten the knot against the loop. Note: Notice strand two is on the left and strand one is on the right.
Step 9: Make a half-circle on the right side of the middle strands.
1. Move strand two across the middle strands, like a smiley face – just the way you did in step 7 (with strand one).
2. Place strand one over strand two.
Step 10: Make a half-circle on the left side of the middle strands.
1. Move strand one behind and under the middle strands. 2. Reach into the half-circle on the left and draw strand one through.
Step 11: Make a knot.
1. Pull strand one and strand two in opposite directions. 2. Tighten this knot to the previous knot. Note: Notice strand two is on the right and strand one is on the left.
Step 12: Repeat steps 6 through 11. Make the knots until they are 2/3 of the way down your thigh, or until they touch the pinned loop when wrapped around your wrist.
Step 13: Thread all four loose strands of hemp through the pea-sized bead and make a knot to secure the bead.
Step 14: Finish the bracelet. Cut the left-over string one thumbs width from the knot and remove the safety pin. Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and push the bead through the loop to secure it around your wrist.
Adding beads to your hemp necklace is easy. Just thread it on both base strands (black) and make a knot around it. If the bead's hole is too small to be threaded onto the hemp, it can be attached using bead thread (sew it on) or wire (make a loop of wire and thread that onto the base strands like you would a bead - tighten to secure).
Here's an example of a necklace made with a flat weave (alternating the two knots), interspersed with crow beads.
A flat-braid necklace with wooden rainbow beads:
(A Camp Out Cookout Classic!)
Ingredients: Tortillas, Eggs (1-2 per person), Bacon (1-2 strips per person), Cheese, Salsa, olive oil
Cover the tortillas with foil and warm them up in a toaster oven.oven on 300 while you are cooking (or for 5-10 minutes)
I like to cook my bacon in the oven on 350 for 30 minutes. When I do this, I line a baking pan with foil and put a grate (like the kind you use for your cookies to cool) on top of the baking pan to allow for maximum heat circulation around the bacon. On the packaging for bacon there are a few recommendations for how to cook the bacon.
Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat lightly with a fork. I find that they are extra tasty when you go ahead and add a little salt and pepper into them while you are beating them in the bowl.
Drizzle olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is warm, pour the eggs into the skillet to scramble. As they are cooking over the skillet continuously stir.
Once the bacon and eggs are cooked you can start assembling your burrito to your liking! You may want to top it with salsa or sour cream. You may even want to add some guacamole!