This week we are making marshmallow shooters and the classic ABC breakfast!
* plastic cups (9 oz works well)
* balloons (12" works well)
* mini marshmallows (or pom poms)
1. Cut the bottom part off of your plastic cup. It works best to double up the cups and cut off the bottom third.
2. Tie a knot at the end of your balloon and cut off about 1/2" from the other end.
3. Now stretch the balloon over the end of the cup. It works best to put the balloon on the top part of the cup where the lip is.
4. That's it! Now it's time to do some launching! Just put your marshmallow inside the cup on the knotted center, then aim the cup away from you, pull back on the outer knot and launch away!
Apples - Bacon - Crumb Cake
(Baked) Apples - Ingredients:
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
6 large apples
3 ½ tbsp water
Preheat the oven to 350, grease baking dish with butter (or cooking spray)
Mix all the spices and sugars in a small bowl
Slice the apples (however you would like to eat them)
Layer ⅓ of the apples in the baking dish, sprinkle with the sugar/spice mixture.
Repeat layering the apples and sprinkling with the spices until all ingredients are used.
Bake for about 30 minutes, pour water over the apples, continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, or until apples are tender.
Cook in the oven/microwave -- whichever your preference is for crispiness level.
You can purchase this to make it a simple recipe! Or you can go all out and use this recipe which can also be found on here.
1 (18.25 ounce) package Cake, yellow, dry mix, regular, enriched
⅔ cup Water, municipal
3 Egg, whole, raw, fresh
½ cup Butter, with salt
1 ⅓ cups Sugars, brown
1 tablespoon Spices, cinnamon, ground
1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
1 ½ cups Butter, with salt
4 ½ cups Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
1 tablespoon Sugars, powdered
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12x18-inch jellyroll pan.
Step 2: Beat the yellow cake mix, water, eggs, and 1/2 cup softened butter together with an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour the cake batter into the prepared jellyroll pan.
Step 3: Bake in the preheated oven until the edges of the cake are light brown but the middle of the cake is still slightly gooey, 15 to 17 minutes.
Step 4: While the cake is baking, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, butter, and flour together in a large bowl until the mixture forms medium crumbs. Remove the cake from the oven, and press about 3/4 of the crumb topping onto the top of the almost-baked cake. Reserve the remaining topping.
Step 5: Return the cake to the oven, and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes, until the crumb topping is firm and the cake is cooked all the way through.
Step 6: Remove the cake from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining crumb topping. Let the cake cool to room temperature, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.